Well, ladies, this is my last post. It has certainly been an interesting and fun summer and I was all too happy to share with you all. I hope y'all got some laughs, some shocks, and at least some dating tips.
I gave my number out to about 7 or so guys - a girl never reveals her true number ;) and only a handfull of those turned out to be dates. And only one of those guys turned into a second date.
So what have I learned after a summer of New York City style dating? Guys in NYC expect you to come to them. It's a whole different ballgame in the Big Apple. It's not like Boston where you can stand at the bar and within 20 minutes at least one guy will hit on you, and whether he is cute or your type, he will at least say how pretty you look, sweet-haht, and make you laugh. NYC boys will wait till you approach them, ask for your number, maybe ask you out, and if they do, will probably just expect you to sleep with them - that night. I guess I can see where the premise of "Sex and the City" came from - it's no urban myth.
I wasn't expecting to find my Prince Charming or even my Big, but it was one heck of a ride.
My favorite date? The yoga and Japanese food afterwards. Creative date AND he had a lot of courage to ask a random girl out on a date. I commend him.
My least favorite date? That's a no brainer - for the future, if any guy asks you where you see this date going, it is probably a trap. Get out while you can (unless of course you're into that whole thing).
But now I'm back in Bristol, Rhode Island and law school where the pool of applicants is fewer than tall men in China. If I happen to go on any dates or my love life should take a sudden turn for the exciting, I will be sure to post about it.
Thank you all for reading up on my New York City love life. Until then, maybe I will take some advice and "Ask for Directions."
xox Es
i miss this already :)
ReplyDelete