Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome to my (lack of) love life...

Hey ladies -
So I know i've always said that i hate blogs and people shouldn't blog unless they live an above-average life so that their blogs can be, well, above-average.
But this changed one night when my friend Amanda and I were sipping beverages at a little bar in Bristol called the Anchor Bar. She told me about one summer in her life where she went on every single date she was asked, kept a journal about it, and adhered to 3 rules: 1. she can't say no. 2. she can't have more than 5 drinks. and 3. she can't tell the guy about her little project. She told us some great adventures she went on.

So I got to thinking... I'll be in the NYC this summer, a city with a million things to do, and also swarming (hopefully) with men. Why don't I try this little project of Amanda's? (Except me being a law school lush, my drink number probably can't be more than 3.) And what better way to let you all know about my trials and tribu-love-tions than a members-only blog?! This way, if you really don't care, then you really don't have to read. But - if you're bored at work or just miss the heck out of me and my ridic/stupid/lame/punny/omg-what-were-you-thinking stories, then keep reading!!

I just hope I don't disappoint!

Signing off -

xoxEs

P.S. feel free to add your own advice, stories, or just a big ol' MWAHAHA.

5 comments:

  1. Well, since i made the first blog, I should make the first comment.

    I love it. I would follow even if i wasn't looking for distractions at work. Can't wait til you top my on a date, stuck on a sailboat, with said date's drunk mother while she accuses her husband of cheating story. Good luck Es! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Esther! Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i was there for the first "Esther got asked out and can't say no". Let it be known she was none to pleased with the first man who asked her out and i expect that if he calls (he used the famous line "i'm gonna be away for a while"... insert laughing here) she will stick to her One Date and Ditch plan...

    and yes, i will be following this even if it's just to tell her later that "we knew blogging was a lame idea if don't live an above average life..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, I can't wait to read on and live through your dating experiences and of course learn some valuable lessons! xoxo

    ReplyDelete