Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why call when you can gchat?

Well ladies - it finally happened. I FINALLY went on my first date. A friend of a friend (isn't that always the way it goes?). For purposes of anonymity, we'll call this guy Fred.

So my guy friend awhile ago told me Fred would be perfect for me, so we have spent the last ooooohhh I don't know, 6 months talking on gchat (but not talking on the phone or meeting). Finally, it was time to meet (he lives in NYC). Going from past experiences (think: split a glass of wine - and if you don't know that story, it's the best worst-date story of all time, maybe I'll throw it on this blog for shits and haha's), I let him choose the place. He chose a place called The Australian, conveniently near my work, and little did he know I love Australia (and little did we both know, it was a Red Sox bar).

The first thing he said to me besides "nice to finally meet you" was that he likes my Raybans more than his. So he tried mine on, and I tell him that they're too small. He responds, "wow, I thought all Raybans looked good on me." And all of a sudden I had a realization: am I that annoying when I'm conceited? My friends must reeeealllyyyy like me if I make comments like that (and we all know I've made a comment or two like that in the past).

The rest of the date went rather smoothly. The convo flowed like Dunkies iced coffee on a hot summer day. And he was very cute - a lot cuter than in pictures.

Except ordering food was weird. When you meet someone for happy hour, do you also get apps? I wasn't sure, but I was a little hungry, and me being the law school lush, I needed some substance in my belly after my one drink.

There isn't much more interesting stuff that happened for the rest of the date. (Don't worry ladies, I definitely let him pay - I don't even offer anymore because it just gets awkward.)

Oh, so you want to know how the date ended? We parted ways - he went one way and I went the other, and he left it at "I'll gchat you."

Well, I guess it ended just the way it started - GCHATTING.

It's ok - on to the next one. I have another date tonight... I guess when it rains it pours!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment