Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dr. Heckle and Mr. Hide

This is just a quick little rant...

Sometimes it really bothers when me men heckle and whistle at me while I'm walking down the street. My friend Sonam thinks they should just ask her out instead of hiding behind their work hats or whatever. While I appreciate this frustration, any guy who finds heckling appropriate is probably not someone I want to go out with.

But then the more I think about it, I realize that it's actually pretty flattering to be heckled at. There will come a day - hopefully not for many, many years - where men will no longer heckle at me. They'll probably be heckling at my 14 year old daughter - gross.

So ladies, next time you get a Heckle and Hide, be proud that you are hot enough for a skeezy man to notice you!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. my last comment got deleted but.. i said. i cant help but laugh at the last line.. and i do have to agree.. it doesnt hurt the ego to be hoot and holler'd at

    ReplyDelete